It's been over 3 years since my first visit to San Francisco. Back then it was the peak of winter, which meant clear blue skies and cold crisp air, road trips to Lake Tahoe, cable car rides along the city's winding roads and then some.
Coming back I'm armed with a totally different intention and that is to enjoy the city in my most relaxed and languid pace. To explore the different neighborhoods without an end point in mind. To drop by the flea markets and indie shops that San Francisco is quite known for. Have long weekend brunches. Go to a yoga class and BE the yoga student. Show up at the Ferry Building for the much-loved Farmer's Market and stuff myself silly. Go back to all the places that my husband and I have come to love from that first visit.
Which is why on our first day here, we went straight to Trader Joe's. This is my happy place, as all good food places are. I almost danced my way around the aisles while I stocked up on some great organic produce. The rest of the day was spent cooking lunch for two (yum!), napping (cold weather makes it so easy) and heading out to grab a hot bowl of Pho for dinner.
That's as relaxed and languid as it can get. And most importantly, it's just the two of us. ♥
 |
| Artisan bread at Trader Joe's baked fresh daily. |
 |
| Cheese, cheese and more cheese! |
 |
| Goodnight SF ♥ |
|
| |
| | |
|
| This post is the first in the (If you're going to San Francisco) series. |
3 comments:
OK, honeymooner, I can see the stars in your eyes from here. And it has nothing to do with San Fo. ;) <3 People in love are lovely to watch...;)
Sweetie - you are here too!!!! On honeymoon??? Tell, tell. I'm just south of SF in Palo Alto with my beloved grandson.....And I too just love, love this part of the US..... big hugs, Kari
Tweet! :D It has a bit to do with San Francisco... ;)
Post a Comment