Monday, July 18, 2011

tout est grâce

No matter how upside-down it all temporarily appear, we will have no fear because we know this secret: Life is crazily in love with us - wildly and innocently in love with us. The universe always gives us exactly what we need, exactly when we need it." -- Rob Brezney

One of my dearest friends from college reminded me of this beautiful quote by St. Therese of Lisieux, "All is Grace". Imagine thinking & seeing everything in this light. How that changes not only our perspective, but our attitude towards the very things that would normally make our heads explode. So now instead of getting angry or busting out of my seams when something undesirable goes my way, I think to myself I'm being shown something here. It could be something that I needed to learn or realize. Heck, it could simply be showing me a personal breakthrough that hey, I can do patient too!

Until very recently, I've repeated a certain line to myself almost like a mantra that true enough, reinforced itself on me all the more. That I don't do well with uncertainty. That not knowing kills me. Which of course is a blatant lie. I've had my share of uncertainties & crossroads, dilemmas & left in the dark moments, but not one has managed to knock the life out of me. Apparently here I am, still standing after a thousand. Or maybe even more.

So truth is, I do well with uncertainty! But it was easier to bitch, claw someone's eyes out or make someone else responsible while I was at it. But I'm done abusing myself & others that way. I can't know everything & I certainly don't need to. When has it really made me happy anyway, struggling to get the answers? We all have questions, we can either spend our life asking or we can spend it living. So many things in my life are uncertain right now... so what? Big freaking deal. I'm still going to make the most out of it & I'm going to have fun. The most important thing I already know ~ today Love is truly infinite & abundant in my life. I look around me, past all these uncertainties and I see... there is much to be grateful for.

When we cease to believe that we're victims & instead co-creators of our fate then we see that Life is crazily in love with us. It's time to give some love back.

4 comments:

Denise Nicole said...

SPOT ON! :) Thanks for sharing this Nics. I think a lot of people ought to learn this too. :)

i'm an island girl said...

Thanks Denise! :) I think so too, would definitely make life easier.

Tweet said...

Astig breakthrough, Nics! :) *Applause*

Shempre, opportunity to share naman this beautiful quote from that beautiful soul Rilke: "Be patient toward all that is unresolved in your heart...Try to love the QUESTIONS THEMSELVES like locked rooms and like books that are written in a very foreign language. Do not now seek the answers, which cannot be given you because you would not be able to live them. Perhaps you will then gradually, without noticing it, live along some distant day into the answers." :)

So 'yun. ;)

i'm an island girl said...

Love the quote! Thanks Tweet :) it's perfect. Rilke is no doubt astig ;)

Related Posts with Thumbnails